Sunday, November 27, 2005

Fools and Abbreviations and Smileys!

Memories and not just memories but good memories are the best things for one to have and reminicse about at times!Atleast everyother fool has one and at times when you are daydreaming you go through one or the other.I had my fair share the other day when i remembered my first day in school.That is what everyother fool in town doesnt want to talk about,but anyhow even if you are in your last sem for your Phd or masters or wathever it is there was this first day in school.Mine wasn't really eventful as much as i can remember but i know i cried and cried until i had to go and fetch my mum from class since i joined the school where she was a teacher and literally demanded that she takes me home and give me tea to my suprise today she obliged and yes since i am the last born what wouldn't i get anyway!

Some how this day has marked a very significant part of my life coz its the day i started learning all the shiznit in my head ,but anyway i wasnt having this in mind when i lay down to blog but fools talk n talk but i will keep this brief!Since i learnt about blogging thro some chatroom that got all the fools you may want to know and those you may not want to,i encountered some hard lessons that i believe so many others have ,but wouldn't rather talk about them openly but i find them rather good and a good passtime to remember and laugh inwardly!

Once in a chatroom there is this typing adrenaline pumping since one wants to catch up with the pace of the conversation!So there comes the modernity of it or should i say the chatroom slang .I believe whoever thot of it had in mind the idea of getting to reduce so many words into a simple abbreviation or that sort of stuff!
So there are lots of this abbrevs' that some leave you baffled and in stitches!
I remember my friend Dickson sent me laughing ,when he told me how annoyed he got when in a certain chatroom he was assailed by the 'ASL' message by his other mate.He got infuriated that he showered the other chatmate with a tonne of lashing and other vulgars,coz he felt abused .Then on learning what it actually meant after doing rounds in the office asking what it meant and everyone was laughing at him only to discover that it meant age,sex and location!Damn!Thats anaa fool for you!

Then there was me and Loool,that was this person rolling or what was up,everyother person in the room was looooooooling or was it rolling then i wondered how the whole room was loooling!I gaped for a day or two when anaa friend -whom by the way i feel he expired and i should dispense of him coz he is mteja since our last drink together and a mugging ordeal and all that followed i have never seen him-told me what it meant ati lots of laughter washana naye!I was humbled by my naivity and just tickled inwardly!Then many others followed like Brb,which i was told meant 'be right back'.Wapende wasipende most fools never knew what this meant but i know my friend Sa* will insist she knows what it meant!

By the way its imperative to mention that she also pressured me into how to use those tuvitus that smile or mock you or are they smileys?I bet they are,she used to flood me with them and i had no idea how i could use them or even get them and make fun of them but somehow i had to learn and thanks to her amusing choices .

In a nutshell don't you think its fun venturing and learning the stuff that you thot you should have been knowing only to discover you dint!Then worse still its something small and cheap to learn!You'd be a fool to say or imagine you knew this things but my point is we all become fools for the first time and then learn but if it happens again ...........................................shindwe!Just remember some of this things that you couldn't get right but you now do and i think it will make your day!

No comments: