Tuesday, May 13, 2008

Simple Words..............................

Its been a while since i made a post here.Believe it or not,i have had pretty rough two or so weeks.What with the many trips i have made to central police station after a deal nose dived on my face.Am not even mentioning i had my two or so days as a state guest.But thats a story for another day all together and life must go on wapende wasipende.Staying in town has its challenges especially when incomes keep fluctuating back and forth.

A couple of times we are met with challenges of a very varied degree some good some harrowing.So what really matters is how you handle each one of them.As they say garbage in garbage out.I am in no moods to laugh or go gahgah about such now but i owe my readers and myself an obligation to put forth some food for thought.My shiznit aside life must endelea.

Elsewhere,I have always thought about this before and i am not sure if its only me or many others but there are very simple words that you may need and stay a very comfortable life and grow fat enough to ashame a pig.HELLO&SORRY.This two words are on everyone's lips.I am not sure when any of us used this last but the more recently or often one uses them,the better.Take a typical example of street walking.You are moving from east to west,and because of the crowding on the walk path say like on Aga Khan walk in Nairobi,you by mistake or unwittingly bounce into a lady head on and it could be her fault or yours,what would it cost you to say sorry and if she is civilised enough she should also reciprocate by saying maybe Thanks or atleast appreciate your efforts of being remorseful.But unfortunately i have seen even graduates ignore such sorries or even assume some mistakes that are committed not deliberately but under sudden and upcoming circumstances.

Moving on to life scenarios,You walk into an office which is busy,you wanted to say see me and since you know my desk,you ignore my colleagues and proceed to come to my desk.As fate could have it,am not in or out briefly,the very person you ignored is the same person you want to enquire from about my whereabouts.Personally i wont help such a person.I mean what does it cost one to say hello and proceed to look for me other than ignore the very person(s) that would help you locate me.I have always guys that walk into an office,ignore some staff only to revert back and say hello when they have failed to get the desired assistance or service.

As a true life experience,i have been assisted before here and there and went a long way being advised by many people just because i afforded to say hello or sorry in a timely manner.Its a fact that manners vary from tom to dick but there are virtues we ought to make universal within us.Internalizing basic manners is one very imperative virtue that is required of each and every one of us.It wont cost a nerve to pretend to be virtuous to strangers and acquintances alike.Tanzanians almost beg for anything,Naomba this naomba that.I bet even when the men down there want to have sexual intercourse with their wives they say "Tafadhali naomba Nikuenzi " or something of that nature.There is even the classic joke about how TZ thieves say Naomba nikupore!

So in essence,the long and short of it is that if we can employ the use of such simple words like sorry,hello ,we can stay a good life.Have a virtuous day!Will you?

PS:Tands wake and squeeze your keyboard!

1 comment:

Tandra said...

interesting this hello & sorry buziness.. hasnt paid off for me yet though