Thursday, November 24, 2005

Reliving the kid life......................just in a dream!

Yesterday i had a funny dream that confused me almost the whole of today!Dreams, always have ideas that i always do not entertain in my thoughts when i am doing anything whatever it is i may have dreamt of or about.But this particular one caught me pants down!Firstly i forgot and overslept ,then after waking up and doing everything in a huff i headed to the bus stand only to realise i had forgotten my wallet and then ran back and picked it.Then proceeded to the stand again only to discover again i had forgotten my phone and office keys, and tell you what,i went back and decided to sleep afresh coz this was madness and i wasn't able to tell what i had forgotten again so i slept on till mid – day and then strolled into the office pretending not feeling so well!The whole office was like......where the hell has he been and what does he think he is and i was like a fool of course!Looool.

For the bright fools you know what this dream was all about!It was a kid dream that really amazed me!Just imagine dreaming that you were still age six upwards to ten.I was amazed driving those juggernauts of cars that we used to mold and drive around making noises of some cars that barely existed.I saw myself drive and beat all my other opponents in some imaginary race just like the shakah Mettah of the time those days when safari rally was what it was.Then at some point i got bored and we started making some ugali using soil and you know what..........U*.How times fly by?My dream would have been incomplete without cha baba na mama!What sort of game was that honestly?We must have been crazy or something like that,i mean try to play the same game today with the same person and you will see what happens!

After waking up i started putting my dream together and i was flabbergasted at what childhood really meant and what it was all about in those days!Given an option i would opt for the kid thingy coz you had a blanket cheque to do things like you wanted.No wonder what we live today is what our forefathers dreamed of and we dream to live what they lived!just imagine you could walk naked the whole the whole day,you could be bought whatever you wanted ,eat what you pleased and even decline to all together,what a life it was?The kids of these days have no idea of what childhood was for their mothers and fathers.One amazing thing that tickles me at the thought of it is a case where, a chromeski that one has been dreaming to date was once someones wife during the cha baba na mama game..... how funny!But right now she is prize that one has to work for!I wish i was we were kids for even a day ,i would rule the world!Coz with my knowledge from adulthood ,i would call for elections in the neighbourhood and get all the kids would vote for me then i rule them!

I dont know but this was a dream that got me reminiscing of our times ,and i wouldn't help the kind of nostalgic feeling that engulfed my feelings ,just imagine the Nyayo milk that we used to drink for free even though it wasn't that free economically speaking.Then we could cut those packets of milk into solitaire like cards and play as we headed home by the roadside!But i guess for the fools that were being dropped and picked and or had the softy life this is not your kind of dream coz for some of us even putting on shoes was a luxury and you were viewed to be rich and hence ostracized from the rest.

So now you know what kind of dream i had ,have your pick whichever way you please but that was mine and sometimes fools also dream!

No comments: