Tuesday, April 22, 2008

Dithering At 28.................

I havent posted and yet i had promised to post as often as i could get a chance to and so that means i havent had a chnace to but i have had many chances poking my nose into other blogs and making comments here and there as if it was a comment donation day(s).Anyhow i had and have to make this post whichever way.Its Now official since sometime seven oclock yesternight that am 28 years of age and not even our very Own Sam Kivuitu can mistally my age if his recent action in decemmber is anything to base my worries on.Atleast that does not form part of my worries.

I had a particulary boring,slow and dejected weekend just almost like someone suffering from a bout of dementia.The same mood has dragged itself into my week and things aint looking any better as we get into yet another weekend.Again i realised there is no joy when one is broke but again the more broke we get the more broke again we get and the more loaded we get the more problems and broke we become.That said and my point being that i am having a boring week all through and feeling lazy and withdrawn than ever.

Elsewhere,today is my birthday and this maks me afford to laugh and laugh almost at nothing.Firstly i dont have like any wild expectation of a present let alone chocolate of a bar of ice-cream.I would be sick to expect anything from anyone.I am such a loner, the issue or the business of chasing hipsters or girlfriends is not my bottle of beer,my boyfriends and a couple of them dont even remember if and when their birthdays occur or fall to be.Thats the classical case of most of us growing up in the village and completing civilisation in the city.But i remember those of us who were lucky to attend boarding schools and dared mention their b/days to friend and foe,they could be rounded up and buckets of water poured on them and cry or laugh your birthday was done.The only thing i hated was people i long suspected to be gays,they could undertake their B/days in a very intimate way that made me not have foods like cakes and biscuits and bluband in months.I sort of graphically embeded their covert actions with the foods and i was done.


Gays werent my focal point and i have my reservations about them and not that i dont want to respect their trade here but my point about them is a topic in this blog for another day.The long and short of the birthday thingy is that its quite funny i cant celebrate my birthday like other folks do and i wonder if i am cursed ..... but wait does my mum n dad do after all ........what the heck do i worry about and they are still expending granaries of ugali and energetically so.I guess i will hit my local and drink afew pints in the company of a friend or the barman or barmaid for that matter and wispher its my birthday maybe she/he might buy me a crate of beer as the present.


The title as you may have noticed is about dithering.Dithering in my limited knowledge of engilsh is to be undecided about some issue or idea.Recently as recent as a month ago,i recieved a text message from one of my brothers Phillip that i was under obligation to attend some meeting and the agenda was not specified.I like to attend meetings with agendas listed so i can do my homework and or decline to attend if the meeting could lead to contestations or acrimony and any other unpleasant results.I petitioned Phil to give me the agenda but he couldnt yield.So i Turned to Wilfred and he told me he had been invited and agenda or no agenda he was attending.So i was all alone.Since we are only three brothers around and the rest are all over the greener acreage i was one against two and so i decided to abscond all together.After all the resolutions they passed could be communicated to me vis-avis the modern means.

The meeting was basically between dad, the big two and i.I am the last born and i have always taken the rebel position basically because like i have said here before i dont like other people making decisions for others by virtue of being older than them.I have grown up throw impositions being placed on my back to shoulder till few years ago when i made a full rebel call and took charge of my own me.To fastrack my sermon of the day,the meeting took place and i got a call from one of them telling me how dissapointed they were that i was not in attendance.So i switched to the other and he told me a resolution was passed; should i call it like KANU's resolution 20/20 !!!!Looooool.This was a shocker of my life.

It was like a clande gone berserk demanding upkeep with one's paging!The resolution 20/20 if we can call it so, was that i shall have to get married.Look for a suitable lady of my choice and settle down.I went quiet for about half a minute and then hang up and he called back.My explanations to him that i had plans to do other things with my life before covering myself with someone under one blanket but he could have none of it.So i excused myself and told him let me consult my gods first.Way before this 20/20 resolution,over a bottle of beer,my older friends kept - and still do today- asking about my wife and i would pretend as to say she is fine and some wanted introduction of which i declined citing the busy schedule of hers but with the hindsight of not actually having one.I decided to duck this company albeit not wholly.So when this call 20/20 came i felt like they had been in discussion with my family.Again i realised the oldish image i have been projecting whilst steering clear of young company, was making them think i was married.There are some other events and places i have stated i am not married sparking off insults and abuses.

That said,the thought of marrying comes into mind at times and then i ask myself,whom do i marry,how do i plan myself and how do i make the marriage binding devoid of small time problems like infidelity and maintaining a good label on it.When such thoughts dog me i normally resign to my drink and flush them away.Fine assuming you met M/s right and got married and financially i am unsteady given the nature of my calling,do we go tearing bedsheets to wrap the results of the matrimonial excuses?????Married pundits argue you dont need so much to marry -not like as in wedding- but to maintain a wife, but ironically we are always at the counter with them telling us how the wife is making demand after another.So they unknowingly scare and encourage, a classical case of blowing hot and cold.

Am at a crossroads and to date i shudder at the thought of resolution 20/20 and i want to forget it as soon as i could or can.If you were me what would you do and you have just hit 28 an age that sounds pretty legit for one to hikania or marry for that case.Over to you singles and doubles alike.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

if they resolve that i marry, shall they shoulder her upkeep and welfare on my behalf too?