Monday, August 07, 2006

Stuff I Cant Comprehend................!

Guess who I met today! I have been dreaming to meet this man just like I always dream of getting a good chromeski. I met Peter Kimani a senior writer with the Daily Nation! Apparently this man is modest and eats just like the rest of us! He came for Fiss (read fish) at our local eatery and though he doesn’t know me I looked at him straight in the face and said hello Peter and he said, “Am fine just came for Lunch”! He looks serious and I I guess that’s why we get nice pieces from him every time he writes about anything. Now I hope to meet Clay Muganda next and say hello to him too, hope he will be kind enough to say hi back.

After all this funny things I have been seeing around, I pondered over my beer the other day coz I just decided I wanted to be alone! There is this pub that I quit going due to lots of disservice from the attendants so I decided to pay it a visit and see what was going on there! I couldn’t understand why a girl of middle age and very naïve but good looking could agree to be employed to work in a pub against her wish! As I got there, this girl came looking so dull and bored and I was like what the heck ! At least she could pretend to be happy to see a single man like me but she was all dull! I tried to tickle her but my tickles fell flat. As I found out later she was a newly employed waitress and was all naïve. I went ahead and decided to pull it off her face and make her smile .Anyway I just wanted to understand why she was dull and sure enough I got her to tell me her story and I was like ooh my? To end the dullness here I have to say I sought her a different job elsewhere and to say the least she is better at least the last time I checked. You leave such a nice looking girl in such an environment and the next time you check she is paged and all chaos on her she resorts to start hawking flesh all over and before you know it she has taken ten some bachelors down with her.

I realized I have got a bit taller than I was .My height is like almost those two rulers we used to have in Primary school marked in centimeters ! I am one of those and more than half of a second one! Excuse my poor mathematics in measuring and besides isn’t that progress – some one say amen – loool! Back to this bar I was seated at. Never mind I am worried and scared. I got to town this morning and realized that by the time I got into town I realized many shops and offices weren’t open yet as they normally are. I thought it was a public holiday or something like that. But I remembered its rainy here. Got to think of it and I wouldn’t help but imagine the number of kids in the pipe right now and that I leave it at that. Again before I got into town I heard on my small tuner the presenters on some breakfast show discuss about some really attenuating topic.

This topic is the same I was thinking or rather trying to understand over my hardware somewhere at this pub I was talking of earlier. It’s about HIV/AIDS. Apparently some lady emailed the presenter and she is positive, she is 29 years old and married. The husband is Negative, think of it and something like fruits not being harvested comes into mind. I am sure most of us heard it coz it was a broadcast. What she mainly wanted was if I got her message well to get a broader or is it a wider community of people suffering from the same condition coz to me HIV?AIDS is a condition and not a disease. Her concern was is it that people whom are well to do or rich – don’t they suffer from the same condition or what? – Apparently she has been attending this sessions at some organization I have forgotten the name for it and she hasn’t seen somebody pull up a Mercedes or BMW or any other car to discuss the condition with them.

Simply put, She was wondering whether the rich and well to do don’t catch this condition or what? She has been attending the educative sessions and she has only met with people from the slums around here and basically people who have less, little or none at all range of wealth or is it money? Think about it and you will get to know where the world is headed. Me thinks the whole thing began and still begin from there

My take on all this is this. While thinking about it it’s indeed a serious issue that needs a lot of cogitation and deep thoughts. In the darker aspects of the same we are going to lose a generation to this disease. There will come a time and not long away that you will hardly hear about us having grandmothers and fathers. Why do I say so, we are a generation now that is striving to make it in life but the rate of infection among us youths is high than our older brothers and sisters are.Casual sex is more rife among us than ever. This brings me to something I really dread. However much we would wish - to burry our heads like an ostrich that has seen some coming fire that will consume it anyway - about deciding the sex pattern it’s a reality. Most of us are broke asses and good for nothing wannabes so most of our young girls want our fathers to bed for monetary favors and unfortunately most of this fathers of ours are already positive. So a young girl will go after a corporate guy have unprotected sex and swing back to her real boyfriend and the boyfriend naïve about all this will swing into the container and don’t even think about he too will get disease. I know of such cases and most people have fallen prey to young girls looking all innocent and oops we have a disaster. But all this comes about because of poverty at various aspects of life and the question remains what can be done. I know most women would argue they don’t look for money in older men but let me ask, doesn’t that older man have his age mates or dint he have age mates during his hey days? What about us who view you as age mates and yes we also have young boys or men dating older women and hence the chaos and I firmly believe that the motivation is all about the money. So things ain’t better on either side of the divide and I actually don’t know what is the remedy to this problem.

Talk of sensitization and it still isn’t a solution. There is this place I usually go to and its frequented mostly by people on transit or guys from say like and infact mostly from Nairobi working around in our town or en route to other parts or from up country going back to the city.This are mostly from NGOS and the Government . There are those in the campaigns against HIV/AIDS and you find them in the pub in the very act of propagating the spread of the disease. What I mean is that they who are supposed to spread the message against the thing are the very ones doing the contrary. I think in future it will only be fair if this organizations employed people suffering from the same condition and that is only a thought. So the whole thing is basically confusing and what and how we will do all this is indeed a monumental task ahead and the sooner they find the solution then we might live on to be called grandpas and grandmas or so I think.

ut right now when one tries to comprehend the dating Factor tree its like a food chain of sorts.Picture this Mike is HIV positive and has two girlfriends namely Anne & Joyce. Anne has a boyfriend called Jimmy while Joyce Has a Boyfriend called Nick. Jimmy Anne's Boyfriend has two girl friends who are Naomi and Jackie while Joyce's Boyfriend Nick Has two Girlfriends who are Irene and Mercy plus he has his Wife Martha! Besides Irene, Naomi, Mercy and Jackie have a boyfriend each Namely George, Felix, Philip and Denis! You study that combination and tell me how many people are dying here from Mike and indeed as they say man eat man while dog eat dog! In a scale of one to ten eight chances are that all this will be infected and that is the society we live in !

And these are the things I don’t understand………………………. Somebody help me out hereeeee guyz!

No comments: